BJJ Black Belt
Personal training specialties:
– Boxing fitness
– Strength & conditioning
- I started training BJJ at Mill Hill combat and conditioning in London England.
- I travel to Thailand to further my combat experience and after a crash course in Maui Thai fought at Phukets Bangala stadium.
- I moved to Australia shortly after and trained under Daniel Lima in the Gold Coast.
- I moved to Sydney and continued training under Bruno Panno.
- I started teaching BJJ in Sydney and soon made the move to Brisbane and joined the Infinity team.
- To instruct under the guidance of Prof. Neil Owen was an easy decision as he was highly regarded by my original instructor Nick Brooks (Roger Gracie Team), back in England.
- As my BJJ journey continues my passion changes.
- I started with a passion for submissions usually from the top position.
- I then found sweeping most gratifying.
- After a couple of years working from the bottom I found a new passion, Takedowns.
- The beauty of BJJ for me is the endless dimensions.
- My current passion is flying submissions!
- BJJ black belt
- Cert. III & IV – Fitness
- Cert. Boxing Instructor
- Cert. First Aid & CPR
- Cert. Marine crowd safety Management
- Blue Card – working with children check
- GNVQ – Business Studies
- Year commenced training: 2010
- Instructor history:
- Sept 2012 – April 2013, North Shore MMA, Sydney
- April 2013 – Current, Infinity North Lakes
- Describe your BJJ Game:
- I prefer a standing passing game and injuries have encouraged development of the closed guard when playing a bottom game.
- Best BJJ Result:
- Abu Dhabi Pro Trials 2014 – Gold
“A black belt is a white belt that never quit.”